Keeping you informed on what’s trending in the job industry is a top priority at hiredMYway.com!
So it’s time once again for our monthly job search report, wrapping up what is trending now in the job market to keep you better informed and better prepared for your job search.
The Job Report
As of June 1st the unemployment rate was essentially unchanged at 8.2 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported. Employment increased in health care, transportation and warehousing, and wholesale trade, but declined in construction. Employment was little changed in most other major industries.
Both the number of unemployed persons (12.7 million) and the unemployment rate (8.2 percent) changed little in May. The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks and over) rose from 5.1 to 5.4 million in May. These individuals accounted for 42.8 percent of the unemployed.
Health care employment continued to increase in May (+33,000). Within the industry, employment in ambulatory health care services, which includes offices of physicians and outpatient care centers, rose by 23,000 over the month. Over the year, health care employment has risen by 340,000.
Manufacturing employment continued to trend up in May (+12,000) following a similar change in April (+9,000). Job gains averaged 41,000 per month in the first quarter of this year. In May, employment rose in fabricated metal products (+6,000) and in primary metals (+4,000). Since its most recent low in January 2010, manufacturing employment has increased by 495,000.
Read the entire report here.
What’s Trending Now
So speaking of job searching and the new report, what are we seeing trending on hiredMYway.com? We are currently seeing a growth in Manufacturing and Accounting industries on our site.
Here are a few hot jobs in these sectors:
- Exotic Manufacturing and Supply is looking to hire a General Manager with a signing bonus of $1,000.
- BMT Aerospace USA, Inc is looking to hire a Director of Manufacturing with a signing bonus of $1,000.
- Chicago Search Group is looking to hire a Forensic Accounting/Litigation Support Manager with a signing bonus of $3,000.
- Quicken Loans is looking to hire an Escrow Accounting Analyst with a signing bonus of $1,000.
We also asked around to see what is currently working for job seekers; here are some popular tips:
- On Salary Expectations: Research the average salary range for the job you are applying to so you know what to expect, or if you should negotiate a better salary upon receiving a job offer.
- Your Resume & Cover Letter: Use keywords included within the job description in your cover letter & resume so keyword searching programs are less likely to discard your resume right away.
- Before an Interview: Make a detailed list of all your skills, qualifications, experiences, and interests to be as prepared as possible for any employers’ questions.
Did you know hiredMYway.com also has professional recruiters using the power of hiredMYway.com to connect job seekers and employers? So who better to ask about the state of affairs for job seekers than a professional recruiter! We asked recruiter Judson Kinnucan what he’s also seeing trending now in hiring. Besides the growth in manufacturing and accounting,
“Highly skilled candidates in software development, engineering and sales continue to be in high demand. Companies are actively seeking out candidates for specific budgeted roles, but they’re also starting to hire great talent on a prospect basis too as the economy continues to recover.”
So that is the latest on what’s happening in the industry and what you can do to impact your job search. Keep hunting and your next job could be right around the corner!
We are dedicated to helping you in your job search, so let us know if you want to see something particular covered here. We always are looking for a better way to hire and be hired here at hiredMYway.com!
You may also like:
- April Job Search Report: What’s Trending
- March Job Search Report: What’s Trending
- May Job Search Report: What’s Trending
- Prepare for an Interview with an “Employer Book Report”
- How to Job Search From Afar